banner
Feb 19, 2021
0 Views
0 0

Deadly good. What vegetables and fruits can be very dangerous

Love for healthy products does not always benefit the body. So the 45-year-old Russian woman almost died after eating 1.5 kilograms of persimmons. The woman’s stomach swelled up, intestinal obstruction occurred. Only an urgent operation saved her from death.

Abuse of even healthy foods can lead to very unpleasant consequences, even catastrophic ones. In general, eating a lot of fiber and fiber-rich foods can cause intestinal obstruction or volvulus. In a lighter version, there is discomfort, bloating, which is also unpleasant.

Nutritionists recommend eating 400 g of vegetables and fruits per day, because they improve digestion, are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants. But 1.5 kg at a time will not be beneficial, but can only cause very unpleasant consequences.

Almost all products, even the most useful ones, can be harmful if consumed excessively, but there are some that are especially dangerous to abuse. Persimmon are among them. We tell you about dangerous and useful products.

Dates

This fruit is praised for its high content of iodine, iron, beta-carotene. Persimmon helps to strengthen immunity, improve mood, it is recommended for the traditional winter blues. It is also a delicious fruit.

But for all its usefulness, it is not recommended to eat persimmon in large quantities. Especially if you suffer from diabetes mellitus or a predisposition to it, as the fruit is quite sweet and quickly raises blood sugar levels.

Persimmon is contraindicated for people who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract. The fact is that the fruit contains a large amount of tannin, which is characteristic mainly of unripe fruits, and a large amount of plant fibers. These substances have a negative effect on the stomach and intestines.

In particular, tannin acids reduce the secretion of the small intestine and impair peristalsis, even in healthy people. It is not recommended to include persimmons in the children’s diet, especially if the child is constipated. Nutritionists do not advise to eat more than one fruit per day, at least two if they are small.

Persimmons contain special tannins, which form a gel clot in the acidic environment of the stomach. This clot can eventually dehydrate and become solid, forming a so-called bezoar, stone. This foreign body can cause intestinal obstruction, pain, and fences. Sometimes it comes to surgical intervention. Unripe fruits are especially dangerous in this regard, they contain more tannins.

By the way, persimmon is not the only product, after excessive consumption of which bezoars are formed in the stomach. It is also dangerous to abuse figs, plums, dates, grapes, nuts. The risk is increased if you drink little water (fiber-rich foods are generally better to drink with water) and chew poorly.

Beet juice

Beetroot is a very useful root vegetable, it contains a lot of vitamins C, P, vitamins of group B. It contains iodine, iron, potassium, zinc. Also, beets contain a lot of fiber, which improves digestion, cleanses the intestines. But there are also dangers.

So beets should not be consumed by those who suffer from diabetes, there are quite a lot of sugar and starches in the vegetable. Beets also slow down the absorption of calcium.

Those who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract should also be careful, the root vegetable acts on the digestive organs as an irritant, can cause diarrhea, bloating.

Beet juice is a special story. It is recommended for treating kidney stones. But the oxalic acid contained in beets can only exacerbate the problem, so to prevent stones, you should consult a doctor, and not self-medicate.

Beetroot juice can be dangerous when it is just prepared, it can cause vasospasm even in healthy people. Therefore, this juice is defended for at least an hour in the refrigerator, and then they drink.

Oysters

They contain a lot of useful substances. In particular, there is a lot of iodine and zinc, trace elements necessary to strengthen the immune system. That is why oysters have been called one of the products that are useful for preventing COVID-19 and strengthening the body to fight it.

The danger of oysters is that they are rich in highly digestible protein. Surprisingly, this quality is usually named among the useful ones. But oysters can cause protein toxicity if you overeat. And it is very easy to do this, lovers of oysters could eat dozens of them, shellfish are small, there is no heaviness in the stomach. In addition, oysters are most often served with white wine, still or sparkling. That dulls vigilance and satiety.

A safe serving of oysters is believed to be a dozen. But if you usually eat a lot of protein foods, sit on a protein diet, for example, then you should stop at 3-4 things.

In addition to protein poisoning, oysters can be dangerous with germs, bacteria, and infections. Most often they are eaten raw, and this can threaten to become infected with very dangerous bacteria, for example, salmonella. Therefore, you need to not only limit the portion of oysters, but also be careful about how they are served to you, whether the product is fresh, whether the restaurant (or the store, if you want to open and cook oysters yourself) follows sanitary requirements.

Brazilian nut

It has a lot of useful elements. Even too many. For example, 100 grams of Brazil nuts contains 20 daily allowances for selenium. An overdose of selenium can lead to hair loss, brittle nails, and heart failure.

Abuse of Brazil nuts is fraught with problems with the nervous system, depression, and can lead to poisoning. Therefore, you can eat no more than 1 nut per day, and a couple of them per week. Fortunately, Brazil nuts are quite large and even a third of the nut is enough for decoration, for example, porridge.

Caramel

A beautiful fruit in the shape of a star (if you cut carambola into slices) is simply created to decorate cocktails and desserts. In addition, it is tasty, sour, aromatic. Carambola is sold, if not in every supermarket, but it is quite possible to find where there is a wide selection of exotic fruits.

Carambola is often recommended on slimming forums, it is considered a fruit that helps burn fat, is low in calories and rich in vitamins. But in large quantities, carambola can cause vomiting, convulsions, weakness. And in severe cases – serious kidney problems up to failure. Therefore, even small portions are contraindicated for those who have diseases of this organ. Healthy people are not recommended to eat star fruit on an empty stomach and eat more than 1 piece a day. And it’s better to do it once a week.

Let’s remind that any useful product can be dangerous in large quantities. Nutritionists recommend eating 400 grams of vegetables and fruits per day. This is literally a serving of vegetable garnish, salad and a couple of small fruits. Any meal should not be very large, optimally focus on your palms folded together, mentally imagine such a portion of food (without a slide!). You also need to drink enough clean water and chew food very well.

Article Categories:
Health
banner

Leave a Reply