If I cook chicken, then only the legs! The generous amount of meat and the skins, which can be browned and then served effectively, do the shins credit. But what to do if all the recipes for frying, cooking and baking have been tried, and the soul requires a holiday?
Appetizing chicken and the most delicate mashed potatoes, framed by crispy puff pastry, are a dish that will fall in love at first sight.
The recipe for chicken legs in the oven is useful for hostesses, for whom it is a common thing to kill guests on the spot! Juicy chicken in a crusty dough shell is incredibly popular at feasts, children adore the dish, and guests persistently beg for a recipe.
- 500 g puff pastry
- 300 g champignons
- 700 g potatoes
- 6 chicken legs
- 2 medium onions
- 50 ml milk
- 30 g butter
- salt, pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes, cut into small pieces and boil until tender. Mash the finished potatoes in mashed potatoes, adding milk, butter and salt.
- Finely chop the onion, wash and chop the mushrooms. Pour vegetable oil into a preheated pan, fry the onion until transparent, and then add the mushrooms and fry until all the liquid has evaporated. Mix mushroom frying with mashed potatoes.
- Salt and pepper the chicken drumsticks to taste, and then fry in vegetable oil until golden brown (10-15 minutes).
- While the chicken is cooking, roll out the dough thinly on a floured table, up to about 3 mm, and cut it into 15×15 cm squares. Do not throw away the dough trimmings! Roll the leftovers into tight cakes and place them on the bottom of each square so that the bottom of the bags does not break after baking.
- Place 2 tbsp in the center of each square. l. potatoes, put the drumstick vertically on top, bone up. Gather the edges of the dough around the bone and tie with a thread, but not too tight.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper and carefully arrange the dough bags. Wrap the bones in foil so that they do not burn.
- Place the drumsticks in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes. After cooking, remove the threads from the dough, remove the foil and serve the legs to the table. Enjoy your meal!
When the chicken legs are in the dough on the table, the guests are happy and full! A spectacular dish will fit for a simple dinner and for a New Year’s feast, and to diversify the recipe, you can use bacon, tomatoes and peppers for frying. By the way, instead of mashed potatoes, you can make a vegetable stew pillow, but it should be made as juicy as possible so that the filling does not soak the tender dough.