It is difficult to argue with the fact that pasta is a real salvation for those who want to fill their stomachs quickly, cheaply and tasty. With them, you can cook a huge variety of dishes that are eaten just like that or as a side dish.
Surely many of us remember the times when pasta was a symbol of financial difficulties in the family. Nevertheless, our parents found a way to feed us simple, but surprisingly delicious dishes. This is why we so often come back to such unassuming food over and over again.
One of these dishes was modest pasta with “such” as our grandmothers sometimes called them. With “such” means without anything.
Although in fact this definition is not entirely correct, because pasta is always prepared with a soul! Such unusual pasta turns out to be very tasty, tender and never stick together thanks to one trick.
- 1 pack of durum wheat pasta
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large onion
- 50 g butter
- 1 tbsp. l. vegetable oil for frying
- 500 ml boiling water
- salt and spices to taste
- Grate the carrots and chop the onion finely.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and throw the onions first, then carrots after a couple of minutes.
- When the vegetables acquire a light golden hue, pour dry pasta into the pan, salt, add spices and mix well.
- Pour 500 ml of boiling water into the pasta with carrots, cover and mascara over low heat for 15 minutes until soft.
- Put 50 g of butter in ready-made pasta with vegetables, stir and serve hot. Enjoy your meal!
As you can see, pasta is not pre-boiled, but stewed along with carrots and onions. Thus, they are saturated with the aromas of vegetables and spices and become much tastier. Even such ordinary pasta without meat in a hurry will delight you and the whole family as lunch or dinner.