If you are such a culinary specialist, and you are afraid to surprise your guests with a spectacular treat, our today’s recipe is just for you! A layered, aromatic, delicate snack cake will become a real decoration of the table and will appeal even to those who cannot stand the spirit of the liver.
We suggest you cast aside your prejudices and make a delicious liver cake, in which you almost don’t feel the liver, and fall in love with the delicate taste from the first bite. The appetizer is top class!
- 600 g roast
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. l. sour cream
- 100 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 80 g flour
- 2 tbsp. l. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp red sweet pepper
Ingredients for the cream:
- 150 g hard cheese
- 150 g mayonnaise
- 1 small carrot
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Italian herbs
- salt to taste
- Rinse the liver thoroughly, clean it from films, fat and chop with a blender or meat grinder. Pour into a deep bowl.
- Add eggs, sour cream, salt, Italian herbs and paprika to the chopped liver. Mix well.
- Add sifted flour and milk to the resulting mixture. Using a whisk, knead the smooth, homogeneous pancake dough. If the dough is too thick, add some more milk.
- Let the dough stand for 20-30 minutes, and then add 2 tbsp. l. vegetable oil, mix.
- Fry the pancakes in a preheated pan on both sides until golden brown. From the specified amount of ingredients, 12-13 thin liver pancakes are obtained.
- While the pancakes are cooling, prepare the cream. Sodium cheese on a coarse grater. Boil carrots and eggs, chop and add to the cheese.
- Add mayonnaise, spices and beat with a blender until smooth. The cream is ready!
- Coat the pancakes with the resulting cream, stacking on top of each other. Lubricate the sides and top of the cake thoroughly, then refrigerate for 2 hours to soak.
- Decorate the finished cake with herbs, cut into portions and serve as soon as possible. Enjoy your meal!