The spring season of personnel purges has opened in Russia. A clean-up day to update the bureaucratic offices in the regions. Last week, the resignations of governors and the appointment of their replacements took place for three days in a row.
It all started with the head of the Republic of Tuva, when instead of Sholbana Kara-oola the interim head of the region was appointed Vladislav Khovalyg… The Ulyanovsk region picked up the baton, in which the veteran governor Sergey Morozov – after all, he held this post for 16 years – while he will replace Alexey Russkikh… Well, the working week ended with the resignation of the head of the Republic of North Ossetia: instead of Vyacheslav Bitarova it will lead until the elections Sergey Menyailo, who until recently was the presidential envoy to the Siberian Federal District.
New appointees are already scattering to the regions, where they have yet to formally compete to get rid of the interim prefix.
As noted Vladimir Putin, for the new head of North Ossetia, this republic is dear and promised to support him in his work. Sergei Menyailo assured that he never lost touch with his small homeland.
“I know the situation in the republic, I know its state, I know the potential, which is, of course, and the problems that today exist not only in the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania”, – he said. And naturally, he promised to justify the trust placed in him.
Alexey Russkikh also promised to justify the trust.
“The main measure of the governor’s work, I think, is the well-being of the population, the standard of living. Here, of course, there is still a lot of work to be done. Fortunately, we have energy, I, my team ”, – assured the interim official of the Ulyanovsk region.
Acting Tyva Vladislav Khovalyg joined the colleagues, who asked for a week and a half, “To get into the situation, familiarize yourself closely and in the near future more specifically, accurately report on the situation” and also – and where would he go – thanked for the trust.
Only they themselves know what the former heads of the regions were guided by when they resigned, and the president, when electing new leaders, as well as the current interims, agreeing to responsible posts. The rest can only guess who can use what and how.
As the press secretary of the president assures Dmitry Peskov, for the head of state, the main criterion in the selection of candidates is the effectiveness of their work. And he considers the current three consecutive resignations to be just a coincidence.
Well, god is known to love trinity. However, in this case, a triplet may not be enough. Moreover, back in March, the governor of the Penza region loudly said goodbye to his post Ivan Belozertsev… True, from the governor’s chair he went straight to the bunk.
The current reshuffle is proceeding calmly so far.
– If you change the governors in September (and someone’s deadlines have already come), then we need to appoint an interim governor now – 4-6 months before the election campaign, so that he shows himself, and they look at him – is he suitable for this job, – considers Deputy of the State Duma from the Communist Party of the Russian Federation, First Deputy Chairman of the Committee on State Building and Legislation Yuri Sinelshchikov… – We expected it to be in April-May.
In the opinion President of the Center for Social and Political Research “Aspect” Georgy Fedorov, the resignations of governors during this period have already become a tradition.
– Every spring and autumn our governors “fall”. This year, the purge began with the imprisonment of someone. In general, I think that the resignation of several more governors is on the way. I would say about the Bryansk region, about those regions where the socio-economic situation is very bad. I think that this will happen in the coming days, because, as a rule, chapters are changed in batches.
Alexey Kurtov, President of the Russian Association of Political Consultants noted that the resignations of governors are no longer a surprising event, but naturally accompanying the political landscape.
– We have from three to eight governors every year. There is a rotation of personnel, clarification of positions. And when else to carry out the resignations, if not on the eve of the next elections, so that the region does not remain without a first person? There is nothing surprising in this, surprisingly something else: we do not always understand the motivation for resignations, because it is not widely disclosed. More precisely, not always – not every governor finds half a billion of money at home.
Probably, there were some questions about Ossetia, and the demonstration of the governor of the Ulyanovsk region that he wants to become a State Duma deputy does not really convince him that he should be removed. On the other hand, this is the most overdue governor.
In each such signal, we try to find an explanation, but inside ourselves they are not very convincing, and the outside world, which deals with resignations, does not really provide them to us. This confuses the cards a bit. On the other hand, politics is a game. Getting used to it, over the past 10 years, the resignation of governors has become a common thing in our country.
Head of the Center for the Development of Regional Policy, political scientist Ilya Grashchenkov also connects the reshuffle in the governor’s corps with the upcoming elections to the State Duma.
– In parallel, other issues are being addressed, including with finances, with the consequences of coronavirus money. Earlier there was a harsh resignation of the Penza governor, and it is not a fact that she is the last in this spirit.
Of the most likely resignations in the future, I would mention Khakassia. Moreover, a communist was appointed to Ulyanovsk. If earlier everyone had two governors, now the Communist Party of the Russian Federation has three. Disorder, you need to be equally. It is possible that Valentina Konovalova may be dismissed, especially since his deputy was recently arrested.
It is also worth noting in this regard the Governor of the Vladimir Region Vladimir Sipyagin, especially since in Smolensk and Khabarovsk there are now governors from the Liberal Democratic Party. That is, too, too much.
There are many questions to the head of the Stavropol Territory, where half of the government was arrested. There are rumors about the transfer of the governor of the Krasnoyarsk Territory Alexandra Ussa to the post of plenipotentiary.
In principle, among non-rotated governors, no one can feel protected even in the event of re-election with high percentages, as we see in the example of Belozertsev.
“SP”: – Will there be resignations in the coming days or will the Kremlin take a break?
– There have been resignations in the past and on weekends. In theory, anything is possible.