In beets, there are real deposits of fiber, sugars and organic acids (malic and citric), which enhance intestinal motility.
- Pectin substances, which are rich in beets, are very valuable.
Pectins play a special role in improving the intestinal microflora, normalizing intestinal motility, freeing the body from toxins and toxins – the culprits of premature aging.
Leave with pectins and excess cholesterol, which is important for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases, especially atherosclerosis.
- The biologically active organic substance betaine contained in beets normalizes liver function, improves protein absorption.
- Beets are also rich in vitamin C, the main advantage of which is to strengthen the immune system and increase the body’s resistance to infectious and colds.
- The composition of this vegetable also includes one of the main hematopoietic elements – iron, the lack of which often becomes the cause of the development of anemia.
- There is also zinc in beets, which regulates immunity, has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the gonads, pancreas, and adrenal glands.
Beetroot first aid kit
This wonderful vegetable will come to your rescue:
For chronic laryngitis and pharyngitisaccompanied by dryness of the nasopharynx and hoarseness.
Boil large beets, grate. Squeeze the gruel through cheesecloth. The resulting juice, dividing it into 3 equal parts, gargle 3 times a day after meals. To improve your health, do it regularly.
In prison… Do you feel that the intestines are “tight”? Eat on an empty stomach 50-100 g of boiled beets seasoned with vegetable oil.
However, if you suffer from chronic constipation, do not be lazy to seek help from your doctor, who will prescribe additional treatment.
For minor injuries… Cut yourself? Soak a cotton swab in freshly squeezed beetroot juice and apply to the wound: it stops bleeding perfectly. Also, from freshly grated beet gruel, you can make a compress on wounds, small ulcers.
For toothache… Place a slice of fresh beet on the gum of the aching tooth – it will become a little easier. However, you still have to go to the dentist.
With a decrease in the tone of the body… Juice one fresh beet, one black radish and one carrot and mix in equal proportions.
To evaporate irritants that can cause nausea and vomiting, soak the resulting “cocktail” in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours. Take it in 1-2 tbsp. spoons an hour before meals for about a month. This wonderful tonic increases blood hemoglobin, improves metabolism, normalizes blood pressure and gives the skin a blooming appearance.
On a note
- Store peeled beets in a sealed container: when interacting with oxygen, vitamin C is destroyed in it.
- To prevent the vegetable from losing its bright color during cooking, put it in slightly salted water.
- If you add beets to a salad or vinaigrette, and then season with vegetable oil, then everything will turn cherry color. But if the boiled or raw beets are separately greased with oil and only then mixed with the rest of the ingredients, the dish will sparkle with different colors.