banner
Oct 14, 2020
14 Views
0 0

Azerbaijan is changing the war zone

Azerbaijani Armed Forces launched missile strikes on the territory of Armenia

Fighting in the zone of armed conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh continues, despite the agreement signed at the end of last week on the establishment of a humanitarian truce.

“In the morning, the enemy, violating the humanitarian ceasefire, resumed rocket and artillery shelling in the southern, southeastern, north-north-eastern directions, especially intensively shelling the south-eastern, northern and northeastern sectors. In some areas, artillery battles continued with varying intensity ",

- the press service of the Artsakh Defense Army said on Wednesday, October 14.

On Wednesday, the Azerbaijani Armed Forces launched several missile strikes on the city of Martuni and nearby settlements, the Defense Ministry noted. On the same day, the Azerbaijani Armed Forces also attacked the territory of Armenia: they inflicted an artillery strike on military equipment serving on the Armenian border. At the same time, the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan recognized the fact of striking the territory of Armenia.

“On October 14, the Republic of Armenia placed several operational-tactical missile systems at the launching position in the border zone with the occupied Kelbajar region of Azerbaijan. Missile systems in the area target the civilian population and infrastructure in Azerbaijani cities. The Azerbaijani army has taken preventive measures. As a result, operational-tactical missile systems, brought to a state of readiness for firing, were rendered harmless by us as a legitimate military target, "

- confirmed in the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan.

In Yerevan, all responsibility for changing the combat zone was assigned to Baku.

“The approval of the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan cannot have any grounds. In fact, the military-political leadership of this country allowed itself to take aim at the equipment located on the territory of the Republic of Armenia and carrying out combat duty, only on the basis of assumptions. The Armed Forces of Armenia reserve the right to attack any military object or military equipment on the territory of Azerbaijan, "

- stated in the statement of the Ministry of Defense of Armenia.

Iranian territory also came under fire on Wednesday - a rocket fell in the Kheris district, Iranian news agency reports IRNA...

According to the agency, more than fifty shells have already fallen into Iran in the border regions in two weeks. Fortunately, so far all the shells are falling into the fields, but at any moment the next shell can hit a residential building, warn in Tehran.

Taking advantage of the announced ceasefire, the Azerbaijani Armed Forces went on the offensive and in one sector were able to break through the defense line, the President of the Artsakh Republic (the Armenian name of Nagorno-Karabakh) said on Wednesday Arayik Harutyunyan...

In connection with the difficult situation in the republic, the President addressed an appeal to all compatriots liable for military service who are able to take up arms and who are currently in other countries.

“Dear compatriots! Our homeland today more than ever needs the protection of all of us. We have no moral right to leave our homes, the graves of our ancestors, the future of our children unprotected. This is our last battle, from which we have no right to refuse, where desertion is tantamount to betrayal. Therefore, I appeal to you as proud citizens who have highly preserved the dignity of the Armenian people, as true patriots. Hurry to join your brothers. Come back before it's too late, because all your actions will be appreciated by people and history. Instead of cursing, choose the path of blessing. Artsakh is waiting for you all! "

- is said in the appeal of the President of Artsakh.

Also on Wednesday, a meeting of the Security Council of Armenia was held in Yerevan under the leadership of the Prime Minister Nikola Pashinyan...

After the meeting, the head of government addressed a message to the people of Armenia and Artsakh, in which he noted that the aggression of Azerbaijan was expected, the defense army of Artsakh suffered heavy losses, and also thanked Russia, France and the United States for the mediating role.

“Azerbaijan demanded to surrender seven regions around Karabakh in exchange for peace in the region. The Armenian government refused to resolve the Karabakh issue without defining the status of Nagorno-Karabakh. In this situation, we have only one way out - to unite and win, once and for all resolving the Karabakh problem. Recognition of the independence of the NKR is the culmination of our association ",

- stated Nikol Pashinyan.

The war in Nagorno-Karabakh continues ...

Own corr. FSK
On the picture. Stepanakert after a missile strike, source - RIA Novosti, Valery Melnikov

If you notice an error in the text, select it and press Ctrl + Enter to send the information to the editor.

Article Categories:
Politics
banner

Leave a Reply