It so happened in our country that the New Year is the “Irony of Fate” and Olivier, otherwise the holiday is not a holiday. But there is one more dish, without which, as a rule, the New Year’s table cannot do. This is jellied meat.
What could be better than jellied meat with horseradish or mustard topped with a misted glass of a strong drink?
In order not to anger the hostess of the year and not to deprive ourselves of the pleasure of a traditional hearty snack, we propose to do without pork when preparing jellied meat this year.
Jellied meat made from chicken or beef legs hardens a little longer than pork, but, as a rule, it turns out to be more transparent and not as high in calories (80–120 kilocalories per 100 grams of product versus 350 kcal in pork aspic).
Well, the taste, as they say, does not have a friend. Someone considers canonical beef jellied meat, but someone likes the delicate taste of chicken. The main thing is to cook longer, and it is important that not a single piglet is harmed during the cooking process.
- 1 chicken weighing 2 kg
- 8-10 chicken legs
- 1-2 onions
- 1-2 carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 peppercorns
- 6 cloves of garlic
- salt to taste
- 2-3 boiled eggs for garnish
- Rinse the chicken, remove the parts you are not eating, cut the carcass into 4 parts. Rinse the paws, cut off the claws, remove the tough film.
- Put everything in a saucepan, fill it with water and put it on fire. To make the broth transparent, carefully remove the foam after boiling.
- Boil the chicken over very low heat for 5-7 hours.
- Add peeled carrots and onions and cook for another 30-40 minutes.
- Then add pepper, bay leaf, garlic, salt and boil for 10 minutes, and then remove from the stove and let stand for another 20 minutes.
- Take everything out of the broth and strain it through a napkin or cheesecloth.
- Divide the chicken meat with a fork or cut into small pieces.
- Divide the minced meat into plates.
- Cut the boiled eggs into slices and place on top of the meat.
- Pour the broth over the meat. After it has cooled down to room temperature, put the plates in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Garnish the finished jellied chicken legs with herbs before serving. Enjoy your meal!