Barurik is a national Armenian sweet that tastes like baklava. The most delicate crumbly dough, rich nut filling with aromatic cinnamon is an indescribable pleasure!
And the best part is that cooking this oriental sweetness is extremely easy and quick!
Ingredients for the dough:
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 100 g butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. l. water
- a pinch of salt
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1/2 tbsp. Sahara
- 1 tbsp. crushed walnuts
- 20 g butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix flour, eggs, salt, water and butter into a soft, elastic dough. Leave the “rest” under the film for 15–20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the crushed nuts with butter, sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough into a thin layer, put the filling on top and distribute it evenly.
- Roll the dough into a roll, and then into a snail and place in a greased form.
- Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for 15-25 minutes. Sprinkle the finished barurik with icing sugar and serve.
- It turns out just a fabulous thing! Sweet barurik is a great addition to a cup of aromatic tea and intimate conversation …