Delicate, sweet and sour, fragrant apple roll made from biscuit dough does not require a large amount of products, is quick to prepare and is baked right away with apple filling.
Thanks to the nuts and lemon zest, the filling for the biscuit roll acquires an amazingly bright taste. This extraordinary delicacy is perfect for an evening tea party with friends.
Ingredients for the biscuit:
- 120 g flour
- 130 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 bag of vanilla sugar
- icing sugar for decoration
Ingredients for the filling:
- 800 g apples (5 small)
- sugar to taste
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp. l. lemon juice
- toasted walnuts to taste (optional)
- Peel the apples and grate them on a coarse grater.
- Drain excess juice. Add grated lemon zest and a spoonful of lemon juice. Add more or less sugar depending on the taste of the apples (sweet or sour).
- Optionally add chopped walnuts.
- Begin beating eggs and gradually add sugar. After about ten minutes, you should get a fluffy egg mass.
- Sift flour with baking powder into it and add vanilla sugar. Stir.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking paper. Lubricate with vegetable or butter. Spread the apple filling evenly over the paper.
- Place the dough on top of the filling and smooth it out.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes in an oven preheated to 180 degrees.
- Gently lay the finished cake on a towel with the filling up and roll it into a roll.
- Cut the edges of the roll, cut it into pieces and serve.
- A light biscuit roll with apple filling is ready. Enjoy your meal!
Pie “Apple horns” made from butter yeast dough with the most delicate filling of stewed apples with cinnamon has an unusual look, can be easily disassembled into portioned pieces and will undoubtedly delight the most fastidious sweet tooth with its taste!