Amazing historical factspresented in the article will cover a wide variety of areas. This information will allow you to replenish your own knowledge base, as well as spend time with interest.
So, before you are the most interesting historical facts.
20 amazing historical facts
- It turns out that in the 20s of the last century, wristwatches were practiced, inside which were mounted miniature geographical maps in the format of scrolls.
- Curiously, Abraham Lincoln ordered the creation of the Secret Service a few hours before he was shot.
- The shortest war in history, between England and Zanzibar, lasted only 38 minutes. As you can imagine, the British won the victory.
- In ancient Egypt, cats were considered sacred animals. When someone’s cat died, all family members shaved off their eyebrows as a sign of mourning.
- An interesting fact is that pre-revolutionary Russia was considered one of the most non-drinking countries in the world.
- In 1952, Albert Einstein could become president of Israel, but the scientist voluntarily refused this post.
- In the midst of the economic crisis of 1720, the British Parliament debated a bill to put bankers in sacks of snakes and throw them into the river.
- It is curious that Arabic numerals were not invented by Arabs, but by Indian mathematicians.
- During the Great London Smog of 1952, the blind helped people find their way home, since only they knew how to move by touch.
- Surprisingly, heroin was once used to relieve coughs in children.
- The great Leonardo da Vinci (see interesting facts about Leonardo da Vinci) bought animals in cages in the market to release them from freedom.
- Did you know that the Icelandic parliament is considered the oldest functioning parliament on the planet? It began work back in 930.
- According to scientists, the famous Pharaoh Tutankhamun wore socks with sandals.
- Surprisingly, the site where Julius Caesar was stabbed is now a hideout for cats.
- The Roman emperor Caligula loved his horse Incitatus so much that he granted him Roman citizenship, and later made him a senator.
- In the 19th century, dentures were made from the teeth of dead soldiers.
- An interesting fact is that at the bottom of the Mediterranean Sea, the ruins of more than 200 ancient settlements have been discovered.
- In ancient India, already in the 5th century BC. there was a sewage system in people’s homes.
- The Pyramid of Cheops is the only one of the Seven Wonders of the World that has survived to this day.
- The Olympic Games have never been held in Africa or Antarctica.
These were the most amazing historical facts. If you liked this article or you generally love history, subscribe to interesnyefakty.org.
Did you like the post? Press any button: