What do the usual toothpastes contain in their ingredients. But you should sometimes think about such substances contained in toothpaste for the benefit of your own health. It turns out that in any toothpaste purchased in the store
Everyone should keep their teeth clean and tidy. And, probably, few people think about what the usual toothpastes contain in their ingredients. But you should sometimes think about such substances contained in toothpaste for the benefit of your own health. It turns out that any toothpaste purchased in a store contains toxic substances (mainly three of them) that are harmful to human health – these are parabens, sodium larium sulfate and triclosan. In addition, the well-known fluoride contained in toothpaste is not so safe for humans.
But if you prepare an environmentally friendly analogue of toothpaste on your own, at home, of course, you can forget about chemistry, the ingredients of a purchased toothpaste. And it’s no secret that every day a person “eats” chemistry with washing his teeth. Making toothpaste is quite simple and it will give its “natural” fruits. After all, Nature itself, with its ingredients, is able to help human teeth. The essential oils found in homemade toothpastes will help both the teeth and the person as a whole.
Good to know:
- cloves, which are used in homemade toothpaste ingredients, can also soothe toothache;
- sage – useful for bleeding gums;
- rosemary – can improve blood circulation;
- thyme – perfectly destroys bacteria that have appeared in the human oral cavity;
- tea tree – will help get rid of caries and gum disease;
- peppermint – perfectly removes inflammation and pain during caries, can give freshness to a person’s breath.
Here are natural recipes for an alternative replacement for toothpaste. We offer you to choose the ones that are suitable for you personally from the options listed below, collected on the Internet.
Cooking toothpaste – recipe 1
- a pinch of cinnamon,
- a pinch of fennel (powder)
- a pinch of salt (sea)
- two tablespoons (tea) of baking soda,
- six drops of tea tree oil (you can take mint in the ingredients in the same amount),
- one teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Combine all prepared ingredients (except coconut oil) – mix thoroughly.
- Coconut oil should be added only immediately before each brushing of the teeth – then it is considered that the paste is ready for use.
In such a paste there are no chemical fillers and substances harmful to the human body. In addition, the toothpaste prepared in this way has a very pleasant aroma. It is recommended to store such toothpaste prepared at home in airtight packaging.
Toothpaste – a budget option – recipe 2
- 70 grams of white clay,
- one teaspoon (tea) of honey,
- two drops of sage essential oil,
- two drops of chamomile essential oil,
- five to ten drops of water-based propolis.
- Mix clay with water until a paste is obtained.
- Add propolis to the clay.
- Take a teaspoon of honey, add two drops of selected essential oils to it.
- Combine all components and mix thoroughly.
- After preparing such a paste, you can brush your teeth with peace of mind.
Effect: cooked toothpaste perfectly removes plaque and bad breath from a person, in addition, it also has whitening properties.
Toothpaste – recipe 3
- half a teaspoon of sea salt (only it is important to use only crushed salt),
- two teaspoons of baking soda
- half a teaspoon of myrrh (powder) – you can replace it with bamboo – powder or licorice,
- half a teaspoon of white clay,
- two tablespoons (teaspoons) of glycerin,
- three – four mint leaves, essential oil, and no matter what, rosemary, lemon, orange or sweet mint is recommended – from ten to thirteen drops.
- Mix all the cooked ingredients thoroughly until smooth – the pasta is ready.
- Store prepared toothpaste in a hermetically sealed container (jar).
- When using homemade toothpaste, you need to follow a few simple tips:
- – baking soda, as an ingredient in the paste, is recommended to be added when washing only once during the week, on the rest of the days you should brush your teeth without adding it. With frequent (daily) use of soda, you can only harm your teeth. According to dentists, the abrasive really whitens tooth enamel, but this happens only due to the fact that it is able to clean only the top layer of enamel. However, the periodic use of such a procedure can be harmful.
- In order to whiten the teeth, it is recommended to rinse them with salt water. It is with the help of salt that the Greeks whiten their teeth.
- Citric acid is great for whitening. It is important to remember that after rinsing your teeth with citric acid, it is not recommended to brush your teeth for one hour.
- A person’s teeth will also “feel” great, and he himself, if, after eating food, chew a little cloves or rinse your mouth with a decoction of oak bark or thyme.